- Coinbase enters Canadian market, integrates Interac, and introduces Coinbase One trial.
- Known for global crypto exchange, Coinbase expands to wallets, staking, and education.
- Canada launch showcases Coinbase’s commitment to crypto adoption.
- Strong crypto awareness and tech ecosystem drive Canada expansion.
- Lucas Matheson appointed as Country Director, emphasizes regulatory compliance.
- Coinbase expands to Bermuda for bitcoin and ether futures trading with USDC settlements.
- Coinbase advocates non-enforcement regulation for positive crypto development.
- UAE’s welcoming regulation attracts Coinbase, seen as a leader in web3 ecosystem.
- Nana Murugesan, Coinbase VP, highlights UAE’s investment potential in regulatory gap.
Coinbase has recently expanded its reach by launching a platform in Bermuda, catering to non-US institutional clients. This marketplace, introduced in May, allows users to engage in trading bitcoin and ether perpetual futures while settling transactions using USDC.
Upon introducing this option, Coinbase expressed its desire to witness a similar approach adopted by the US, moving away from a regulatory strategy based on enforcement, which the company views as having hindered positive crypto development within the country.
Furthermore, Coinbase has also set its sights on the United Arab Emirates (UAE), praising the region’s accommodating regulatory environment. Nana Murugesan, Coinbase’s VP of International and Business Development, emphasized that the UAE is emerging as a leader in developing a web3 ecosystem, making it an appealing destination for potential investments. Given the regulatory void in other significant jurisdictions, international counterparts such as the UAE are actively working to bridge this gap.
We are a team of dedicated enthusiasts with extensive experience in the blockchain space, we aim to educate, inform, and inspire the global crypto community. Join us on this exciting journey into the world of cryptocurrencies and decentralized technologies.